Promotional Products - Indent / Overseas Manufacture
What is indent?
In promotional products supply, the term indent is used to describe the process of importing promotional merchandise from overseas factories into Australia.
As all promotional merchandise is branded in some way, indent products will be classified under one of two categories:
1) Custom made, an entirely new product design, or
2) Volume orders, orders that attract discounting structures on the basis that it is a large order with the usual economies of scale philosophy at work. The more you buy the cheaper per unit your merchandise becomes.
What is the benefit?
So with this in mind, the following benefits to indenting can be observed:
1) Cost. The cost benefits of going direct to the factory can be substantial, at times up to 70% for volume orders. Producing large numbers always provides significant savings in addition to the fact that by going direct, you are eliminating many of the local based charges, such as warehousing, dispatch and handling fees.
2) Flexibility. Obviously placing an order prior to the products manufacture allows for the flexibility of changing the product in some way or creating an entirely new product.
What are the options?
As mentioned above, the options are endless. Custom made products are just that, so at the end of the day, your imagination is your only barrier.
You can start from scratch with an idea and our designers can work with you to create that unique item that you require, or you can simply take a pre existing product and change it as little or as much as you like.
If you require a custom option, click here and get in contact with one of our Account Managers who can answer any questions and concerns that you may have.
What is Indent Express?
Indent express is a little different to a full indent option. A number of our local suppliers offer an express indent service on items that they hold in stock in their local warehouses, offering increased flexibility to design, however without the total flexibility that standard indent offers.
As an example, you may need a specific colour option for one of our headwear styles that we offer through local supply; however the colour options are not available. Through indent express we would be able to take the headwear style, select the appropriate coloured material and produce the cap. We would then air freight that cap from China to you in 3-4 weeks.
Indent Express offers increased flexibility to locally produced items as we get to order from point of manufacturer and we achieve the price advantages of not having to worry about local supply and warehousing costs.
What are the lead times and minimum order quantities (MOQ’s):
One of the most import elements that you need to have on your side if you are looking to purchase via an indent network is TIME! Outlined below is a guide to be used as a base in your decision making process.
1) Full Custom Merchandise: Sea Freight: 10-12 weeks.
MOQ = Please contact an Account Manager for further details.
2) Indent Express – Headwear: 3-4 weeks. MOQ = 100 units.
3) Indent Express – Umbrellas: 6 weeks. MOQ = 100 units.
4) Indent Express – Bags: 3- 6 weeks. MOQ = 100 units.
5) Indent Express – Clothing: 3-4 weeks. MOQ = 100 units.
6) Indent Express – Towels: 3-6 weeks. MOQ = 100 units.
7) Indent Express – Bottles: 3-6 weeks. MOQ = 100 units.
8) Indent Express – Mugs: 3-6 weeks. MOQ = 100 units.
9) Indent Express – Flash Drives: 2-3 weeks. MOQ = 250 units.
10) Indent Express – Stress Toys: 10 days. MOQ=100 units.
11) Indent Express – Key Rings: 10 days. MOQ=25 units.
** Lead times are approximate and do not include product sampling or concept generation if required.
We hope this provides some clarification as to the options that are available to you in the search for that ultimate promotional product that will set your brand apart.
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your merchandise requirements.